river-dev mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Board Report is due.
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 02:23:34 GMT
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Mark Brouwer <mark.brouwer@marbro.org> wrote:

> I think you gave a fair summary of what has been said by many in the
> community, although I don't believe you could call your summary a
> consensus. One thing that concerns me and what you haven't expressed in
> your Board Report, is that the current set of committers didn't express
> much of their opinion and IMHO that should be seen as a concern.

Excellent. I have amended it to this effect.

Note on ASF terminology; "Consensus" refers to a state where no one
objects. Consensus is said to exist if someone put forward a proposal
and within a reasonable amount of time (typically 72 hours) no one has
raised any objections or counter proposals. People who are quiet are
considered 'agreeable'. "Consensus in a community" does not typically
exclude non-committers, but covers the entire population on the dev
list that has the strength to keep up with the discussions.

Cheers
Niclas