river-dev mailing list archives

From "John Sarman" <johnsar...@gmail.com>
Subject Join the DJINN
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:52:51 GMT
Fellow Jini Believers,

Ok first I am tired of the 200+ comments on splitting up the space, so I am
creating a new thread  to talk about the great concepts of Jini and some
items I desire.  Before I go off building them, I thought I would just throw
the ideas in the open and maybe this is already completed.

   I think a great entry point for jini newbies would be a Web integration
via IDE plugin.  I would love to choose the Jini core module and Jini Tomcat
integration module with Netbeans.
      After this installed it would automatically allow me to use some
sample howto lookup code to get an instance of the Space, etc..  Then I
could use the space as yet another method to deal with the CRUD.  OR I could
use the transaction manager to perform some transactional functionality of
my web design.  Etc Etc.....
This would definitely open the door to several web developers who use Tomcat
and need a mechanism to do distributed computing with a Web frontend.  Plus
Tomcat is apache, River is apache , so why not!

So maybe others have some ideas on using Jini to ease the newbie experience.
If so reply!!
Lets make this a more productive post by leaving the "why cant Jini be my
way attitude" out and rejuvenating   the good ole days of the Jini community
"Lets build a .... " attitude!

So what do you think would ease the NEWBS?

John Sarman