river-dev mailing list archives

From "John Sarman" <johnsar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Split JavaSpaces and JINI
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 02:52:40 GMT
Mike,
  Besides the Blitz standalone JavaSpaces, I am not aware of JavaSpaces
implementation that is usable without Jini.
Even then you still need jini core at a minimum at least to compile the
JavaSpaces interfaces.  For example Javaspaces uses the jini Entry
Specification, the jini event Specification, the jini Transaction
Specification, etc.   So the technology is tightly coupled to the core
specification of Jini.  So to breakoff Javaspaces to "grow on its own" is
not possible without including the core.  I would suggest checking out Dan
Creswell's Blitz project http://www.dancres.org/ because he broke off
JavaSpaces and grew it in his own GPL way.
Also check out http://www.jini.org/wiki/JavaSpaces_Specification to see
exactly all the Jini JavaSpaces couplings.

John Sarman
Systems Engineer
TetraCam Inc.