river-dev mailing list archives

From Jools <jool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:18:26 GMT

> <snip/>
>

> What is your time frame maybe? I think once you get some Maven things going
> I'll give it a whirl, check it out, examine things from extensibility
> perspectives etc and see whether I'll do Ant version of the build system
> redux or what. One thing I most like about Ant is the ability to customize
> it until the cows come home. This sometimes comes in real handy, especially
> if we want to provide Ant tasks for others to use and us in the build
> system. Too, it has the script tag etc. Anyways, I think it makes more sense
> to do one first, examine it, and then if need spend some other time on
> another alternative for us to pick from, or to go with that and put effort
> into feature enhancements and patches etc versus the build system.

I'll be getting started on this now, and also setting up a repository for
both the code, and the maven artefacts.

The bottom line is we need to actually start DOING things, rather than
talking about them. If nobody wants to use the resulting maven builds, but
as a result the ant builds become better, then that can only be a good thing
(TM).

Rather than flood the river-dev with information, please add yourself to the
Jira-300 so you can see progress and make comments.

Cheers,

--Jools