river-dev mailing list archives

From Jools <jool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:46:02 GMT
> This reminds me of that quote - "Some people, when confronted with a
> problem, think 'I know, I?ll use regular expressions.' Now they have two
> problems".

Actually, your response reminds me of a quote too. "Whoever undertakes to
set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the
laughter of the gods." - A Einstein

Moving over to maven simply means there is a consistent approach to
building/testing and deploying software artefacts. I'm not saying that's its
a golden arrow, it just enforces a consistent approach, which is widely
documented and adopted.

In fact we don't even have to vote on it, those in favour can simply make
themselves known and we can give it a go and see what it looks like.

So, who's up for the challenge ?

--Jools