river-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Hobbs" <tom.ho...@sucfin.com>
Subject RE: Deciding the Future
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:23:13 GMT
I currently have a local version whereby I created a source directory
inside of the River code and am gradually moving all the code out of the
test project into this new source directory.

I'm also changing how the tests are executed by shoe-horning them into
JUnit TestCases.

The biggest challenge I'm facing is retaining all the customisation that
the current test harness allows and trying to keep the tests running
successfully.

I've made some changes to the harness code which is largely limited to
altering the packages and associated class/constructor/method access
modifiers to support the new structure.

My goal is, in the next few weeks, to have moved all the
TransactionManager tests over to this approach.  Then I'll post a patch
to show the changes which I would welcome feedback on.  Then, I hope,
it'll be a case of mostly cut-and-pasting the rest of the tests over.

I believe that once this work is done further subdividing the
packages/sources and changing the build tool (or not) will be much
simpler - although I am open to correction.

Cheers,

Tom