river-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <mmcgr...@topiatechnology.com>
Subject Re: Split JavaSpaces and JINI
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:23:21 GMT
Good morning, John.

My predilection is to make system architecting suggestions or
decisions first rather than systems engineering specifications, being
artfully concrete rather than scientifically.  So, I hope the
following is sufficient for your request.

Imagine you want to create a Java Linda spaces API.  You want
JavaSpaces to work and you want to simplify, simplify, simplify - to
forget the bells and whistles for a bit.  What it takes to do that
would "belong to JavaSpaces".  This would seemingly require spaces and
entries and operations on entries required by the architecture.

I suspect Niclas is taking a stab at this now and I am very interested
in his results.

Mike

On Dec 10, 2008, at 8:45 AM, John McClain wrote:

> Michael McGrady wrote:
>> This is just to allow JavaSpaces to live its "natural life" and to
>> move what is in JINI but belongs in JavaSpaces to JavaSpaces so
>> that a Java implementation of Linda spaces can stand on its own.
>
> Can you be concrete about what "belongs in JavaSpaces", and how this
> move would happen?

Michael McGrady
Senior Engineer
Topia Technology, Inc.