river-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:10:46 GMT
----- Original Message ----

Jools,

What is your time frame maybe? I think once you get some Maven things going I'll give it a
whirl, check it out, examine things from extensibility perspectives etc and see whether I'll
do Ant version of the build system redux or what. One thing I most like about Ant is the ability
to customize it until the cows come home. This sometimes comes in real handy, especially if
we want to provide Ant tasks for others to use and us in the build system. Too, it has the
script tag etc. Anyways, I think it makes more sense to do one first, examine it, and then
if need spend some other time on another alternative for us to pick from, or to go with that
and put effort into feature enhancements and patches etc versus the build system.

Thanks,

Wade

Wade Chandler, CCE
Software Engineer and Developer, Certified Forensic Computer Examiner, NetBeans Dream Team
Member, and NetBeans Board Member
http://www.certified-computer-examiner.com
http://www.netbeans.org