river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:32:08 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Wade Chandler
<hwadechandler-apache@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think we need to have a vote for Maven or Ant. A new thread which will be the vote.

Let's first have someone propose something concrete. Create an issue
in Jira, and attach a patch with improvements to the Ant build or with
new Maven POMs.

If someone disagrees with the proposed solution, we discuss the
specifics and try to reach a consensus. Only if consensus can not be
reached should we resort to a vote. The benefit of this approach is
that then anyone who opposes the proposed change is actually motivated
to provide a concrete alternative instead of just debating based on
personal preference.

BR,

Jukka Zitting