river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Split JavaSpaces and JINI
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:24:55 GMT
Michael McGrady wrote:
> How does that old saying go?  If want what you got, keep doing what you
> have been doing.  If you want something difference, change what you are
> doing.

Michael, no one has said NOTHING needs to change.  Everyone is saying this thing
you think is the most important is not something that can be trivially changed
because it involves the type system associated with a publicly consumed API.

On top of that, we're disputing your statement that the package name of Entry is
wrong.  We've told you that Entry is reused in different parts of the Jini
system.  I tried to illustrate the utilitarian nature of this class by comparing
it to String, which you said was not a good comparison.

I'm not sure how to communicate any more information in your direction because
now you are clearly holding up a shield and tossing fireballs over the wall
feeling assaulted I guess.  So with all the condescending comments you are
pitching at us, how would suppose we wouldn't be defensive for no other reason
than that alone, let alone the true technical issues which are not immaterial.

Gregg Wonderly