river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Split JavaSpaces and JINI
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:37:36 GMT
Michael McGrady wrote:
> The idea of having JavaSpaces be dependent upon JINI rather than vice
> versa has no justification that I can see.  Why would you do that?

Michael, you keep saying this without illustrating which parts of Jini
JavaSpaces shouldn't use.

Can you describe the type structure that you would convert all the things in the
JavaSpace interface API to which would allow a new JavaSpace with your described
independence work in an environment with applications that use the current
JavaSpace?  That might help us understand the path of adoption into existing
application bases.

Gregg Wonderly