river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Split JavaSpaces and JINI
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:26:12 GMT
Michael McGrady wrote:
> I think that Niclas' comments on the differences in the Entry interface,
> as one example

I am still trying to understand what you mean by this.  Entry is a marker
interface used throughout Jini.  The Entry javadocs don't mention Javaspace,
only service registration usage.  That is a problem separate from what we are
discussing.  But Entry usage, throughout Jini, has a common behavior regarding
public fields, null vs non-null values in lookup/queries etc.  So, from that
perspective, I don't see any "differences".

Can you share more about your thoughts on this?

Gregg Wonderly