river-dev mailing list archives

From John McClain <John.McCl...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Split JavaSpaces and JINI
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 16:34:47 GMT
Michael McGrady wrote:
> Thanks, Greg.  I think your worries are misplaced.  There is nothing
> in the suggestion regarding splitting JavaSpaces and JINI that will
> affect JINI negatively.
>
> There is no question, I think, of "taking JavaSpaces our of JINI".
> Rather, the idea is to decouple them.
>
> Modern computing, as you know, is in large part all about how to
> properly organize complex systems.  Two related tools are to decouple
> modules and to make sure that a module has high cohesion.  So, all
> that is being discussed here is how to decouple, not a divorce.  This
> may only require moving the Entry interface over to JavaSpaces.
When talk about moving the Entry interface over to JavaSpaces, what does
that mean? Move the package it is in, change the project it is in? What
will that do to the lookup service interface that also depends on Entry?
What about the other net.jini.core dependencies JavaSpaces has (leasing,
events, and transactions)?