river-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:13:36 GMT
I guess about all I can say is to look over the mail list archives. We have went over most
of these things recently. It comes down to getting folks to chip in and do some things. Look
back over the archives over the past month, and we have essentially started it seems. That
is where we all stand at this point. Looks to me like it will all come together when folks
chip in etc. If a roadmap is something you are interested, maybe you can detail some things,
using your ideas and the list archive, and then start putting it together and adjusting some
web pages. Maybe someone can chime in on what to do to access the web pages etc and get them
published. Anyways, it seems we need all the little details aired out. I believe it would
be nice to have some folks get together to organize what maybe needs to be done as to help
keep folks from duplicating efforts, but Jira can do this. Seems a good thing would be to
dig through the emails and your ideas, pull them
 out, and create Jiri tickets for them all. Then they can be tracked there.

Sound good?

On getting together and planning etc it would be good to have someone organize something like
a Skype meeting or something of that nature which everyone could get on and talk about some
things. Maybe schedule such a get together every two weeks and folks who want to pick *little*
tasks that they are able to accomplish as time goes on. Sooner or later we'll have it all
done, and we'll all be on the same page. Seems we need some guiding direction for initiating
some plans, but maybe we can just use the list and Jira and get it going. Seems on some other
projects such as Tomcat there is a lot of list and Jira external collaboration, but again,
maybe I'm wrong there.

Wade

Wade Chandler, CCE
Software Engineer and Developer, Certified Forensic Computer Examiner, NetBeans Dream Team
Member, and NetBeans Board Member
http://www.certified-computer-examiner.com
http://www.netbeans.org