river-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Landis" <sean.lan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:09:09 GMT
I would be in favor of moving to Maven. This year we moved about 30
projects from Ant to Maven. There are some gotchas though (disclaimer
- I'm not the expert). One that I am aware of is the artifact per
project preference of Maven that, as others pointed out, would pose a
challenge for the Jini jar service pairs. Another side-effect of this
constraint is how it interacts with Eclipse which does not support
subprojects well. We have found that some thought is required to use
Maven seamlessly within Eclipse. It's doable, but if you just do the
obvious thing you might have a lot of problems.

All that said, we have great benefits from Maven.

Sean