river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Join the DJINN
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:26:59 GMT
John:

	I think you're on to something.  From my experience, hosting services
inside a web container (e.g. Tomcat) is hard because of class loader
issues, but accessing services as a client is easy.  So do you think it
would be useful to create a Netbeans module that knows how to add the
appropriate discovery and lookup configuration to the standard Netbeans
web application?  We would still have to host the services outside
Tomcat (e.g. in a ServiceStarter or Harvester container), but it would
certainly be a quick way to get something like a Javaspace up and
running and accessible to a web application.

I might be looking for something to work on over the Christmas break, if
there's interest.

Cheers,

Greg.

--