river-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:40:48 GMT
----- Original Message ----

Hmm. Your points make me favor Ant. Essentially it seems with Ant we have more flexibility
out of the box. There may be a little more work to get what we want, but we can get what we
want with Ant, and we don't have any real lock in to a necessary structure; we can define
our own and output artifacts as needed. We can write extension tasks in Java to do anything
we need, and if needed we can also standardize on some language for build script extensions
such as Groovy or Jython or something and use the <script> tag for a lot. The script
tag has proven very useful to me different times using BeanShell. Is there any truth to what
I'm infering from your points or am I off base?

Thanks,

Wade

Wade Chandler, CCE
Software Engineer and Developer, Certified Forensic Computer Examiner, NetBeans Dream Team
Member, and NetBeans Board Member
http://www.certified-computer-examiner.com
http://www.netbeans.org