river-dev mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Future of Jini/River
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:11:29 GMT
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Calum Shaw-Mackay
<calum.shawmackay@gmail.com> wrote:
> Niclas -
>
> Can you please elaborate on this? I 'd just like to know, I've been
> working with DI concepts using Jini configuration, as well as
> dynamic,event-based reconfiguration through Thor?
>
> Just wondering if this is within the scope that you're thinking of

I have not looked at Thor, but since you mention it I will (once back
at the office desk).

In principle, I would like to see it being dirt easy to deploy and
consume Jini services in a Test Driven environment. That means that
nothing is pre-installed on the computer, it is either in a lib/ dir
and ant, or Maven with artifacts pulled in on demand. It means that
configuration setup is done programmatically and via interfaces that
are type-safe and simple to access. Exactly how this should be done,
is largely due to exactly how the lower level mechanics works, but as
it is now, I don't think it is 'nice enough'...

Cheers
Niclas