river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deciding the Future
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:05:31 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Tom Hobbs <tom.hobbs@sucden.co.uk> wrote:
> That's good advice; advice that I'm going to take.  No promises on time
> scales, my own itches are going to start getting scratched and
> submitted.  Just submitting the patches to the JIRA is acceptable,
> right?

Yes. If none of the committers get around to applying your changes
then me or one of the other mentors will try to pick up the issues.
Once you've sent a few good patches we can also give you direct commit
access.

PS. Check out [1] and [2] for some further notes on the nature of open
source and importance of community participation.

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/contributing.html
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/understandingopensource.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting