river-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Scheifler <Bob.Scheif...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: River-261, namespace change
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:56:35 GMT
On 11/09/08 14:36, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> I noticed something in the IiopExporter, starting on line 206:
>
> // workaround for 4632973
>     ArrayList names = new ArrayList(2);
>     names.add(tieClassName);
>     if (tieClassName.startsWith("java.") ||
>         tieClassName.startsWith("com.sun.") ||
>         tieClassName.startsWith("net.jini.") ||
>         tieClassName.startsWith("jini.") ||
>         tieClassName.startsWith("javax."))
>     {
>         names.add("org.omg.stub." + tieClassName);
>     }
>

> What is the issue that 4632973 referring to?

The Java-to-IDL mapping says that Tie classes are always in the same package
as the implementation class; they are never prefixed with the "org.omg.stub"
prefix.  But the Sun JDK implementation adds that prefix to Tie names
for implementation classes in the above packages.  (In more recent JDKs,
com.sun has apparently been removed from the list.)

> Does an additional
>
> tieClassName.startsWith("org.apache.river")
>
> Need to be added for the namespace change

Nope.

- Bob