river-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Brouwer" <mark.brou...@marbro.org>
Subject Re: River-261, namespace change
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:40:36 GMT
Hi Dennis,

Good to see you want to contribute, but personally I'm not that fond
of this rather big change for AR2. There are some patches that have
not been committed yet and that are subject to this change as well.
There are some rather large changes to the codebase that I'm not going
to get in before AR2 and that would be much harder to merge with the
River codebase once RIVER-261 has been committed.

I realize that RIVER-261 needs to be done before graduation, but
personally I would prefer it to do it once we have proofed that we
have   a community that can graduate. RIVER-261 doesn't bring added
value to the codebase itself, although no doubt some will think
differently, but
will have a lot of consequences. At least going forward with RIVER-261
at this stage would disconnect me completely with River given the
limited time I have for the time being.

People could utilize AR1 as drop in replacement for the JTSK releases,
if RIVER-261 is part of AR2 it can't act as such when this is committed.

Curious to know how others feel about this ...
--
Mark Brouwer