river-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Hobbs" <tom.ho...@sucden.co.uk>
Subject RE: AR2 Release?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:37:17 GMT
Hi Mike,

I've not seen much activity on Jini/AR for a while - having said that
I've only been on this list for a few days.

I'm currently working _with_ Jini every day and would like to get
involved working on the project itself.  I'm in the same
needing-guidance boat as you though so I guess we'll have to wait for
someone else to reply.

Cheers,

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Morris [mailto:mikro2nd@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 October 2008 15:08
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: AR2 Release?

Is anybody actively working on the AR2 release?

If not, I'd like to give it a go; is there someone who can give me some
guidance on what's involved?  I'm reading the Apache podling release
guides and it looks pretty straightforward to me (omitting the voting
stage):

1) update release numbering in build_common.xml
2) build from CVS -- already done -- that was easy
3) update NOTICE file if nec. (currently the copyright says 2007...)
4) prepare a RELEASE_NOTES file -- presumably from Jira info(?)
4) generate PGP, SHA and MD5 checksums and sigs
5) upload (scp) (to where? would I need a committer to handle this step
for me?) and check permissions and ownership
6) notify IncubatorPMC
7) have a committer tag the release in svn

Would I need to add my own key to KEYS?

What else have I missed?

10 Months is too long!

--
mike morris :: mikro2nd (at) gmail (dot) com

http://mikro2nd.net/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/planb/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/mike/

This email is [X]bloggable [ ]ask-first [ ]private

www.sucden.co.uk
Sucden (UK) Limited, 5 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG
Telephone +44 20 7940 9400

Registered in England no. 1095841
VAT registration no. GB 446 9061 33
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and entered in the FSA
register under no. 114239

This email, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be privileged.
It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, please notify postmaster@sucden.co.uk immediately and delete it
from your computer system.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and its attachments are virus-free, but you
should check.

Sucden (UK) Ltd may monitor traffic data of both business and personal emails. By replying
to this email, you consent to Sucden’s monitoring the content of any emails you send to
or receive from Sucden. Sucden is not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where
this is a non-business email.
The contents of this e-mail do not constitute advice and should not be regarded as a recommendation
to buy, sell or otherwise deal with any particular investment.
This message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.