river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AR2 release
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:20:30 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Mike Morris <mikro2nd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems to me there's consensus that we should kick a release out the door
> since I asked for a vote almost a week ago -- I've not seen a vote in favour
> of waiting yet.
>
> I'll try and get things moving in a couple of days once I've caught-up a
> bit.

Good, thanks!

> Regarding any patches that might be necessary: should I post to this list as
> well as logging Jira issues, or is "just Jira" sufficient?

I think just posting them to Jira is sufficient as we have
notifications of all Jira updates going to river-commits@ that most
developers are following.

But it's a good idea to send summary updates on all the remaining open
issues so people have an idea of what still needs to be done before
the release. The current list of open issues tagged for AR2 is:

  Tasks
  [RIVER-268] Javadoc and API docs(specs) in project

  New features
  [RIVER-292] The service browser should provide support for the ServiceUI ...
  [RIVER-295] Support configurable option to prevent from popup windows ...

  Improvements
  [RIVER-147] PreferredClassProvider protected method to determine ...
  [RIVER-160] add TrustEquivalence to browser's list of ...
  [RIVER-218] FiddlerImpl catch Throwable blocks should also catch Throwable

  Bug fixes
  [RIVER-213] (DOC) - JoinManger has typo in javadoc (missing </code> ...
  [RIVER-257] Fiddler - should implement toString() for the various ...
  [RIVER-258] JoinManager - race when terminate is called after attribute ...
  [RIVER-265] PreferredClassProvider performs 'unlucky' caching

I'm not sure if all of these are really needed for AR2.

BR,

Jukka Zitting