river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Question | Submitting Fixes
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:56:34 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Tom Hobbs <tom.hobbs@sucden.co.uk> wrote:
> 1) Please, where are the tests so that I can try running them?

I'm not sure what tests you are referring to, but you might want to
check out the qatests module in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/river/qatests/trunk/.

> 2) How do I go about getting my changes reviewed/accepted?

See http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html for generic
instructions on how to contribute to Apache projects.

> 3) The bug affects AR1 and you're trying to release AR2 so is this
> bug/fix not applicable to current activity?

It certainly is applicable. Unless the issue is fixed, it'll of course
still be present in AR2.

> I've just been to the JIRA page to look at any bugs and how I might get
> involved.  I saw RIVER-296 (Mahalo implementation throws
> CannotAbortException from abort() on an expired transaction) and thought
> I would attempt a fix for that.  Which I've done (I think).

Excellent!

Do you already have a Jira account? Once you've registered an account
you can leave comments and attach patches and other files to issues.

The best way forward is for you to comment on RIVER-296 and explain
what you have done and why you think it fixes the issue. If you have a
patch, you should attach it to the issue for other people to review.

BR,

Jukka Zitting