river-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's up with River?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:31:10 GMT
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Dennis Reedy <dennis.reedy@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2008, at 516PM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Dennis Reedy <dennis.reedy@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It seems that 10 of the existing 17 committers are from Sun, is there a
>>> plan
>>> to increase the committer list and roll off the Sun resources? If so can
>>> that be discussed?
>>
>> incubation projects are run on the apache model: committers are
>> elected. provided people are interested in river and want to help take
>> the code forward, there shouldn't be any problem. what's needed is
>> people with energy and interest to jump in...
>>

> I am ready and willing to jump in, I am sure there are others as well.

cool

apache is often described as a do-ocracy: we get together to do stuff
- and the stuff we do is open source software :-)

one way to start kicking things off would be for people that have
energy to start throwing around ideas about directions and
developments that interest them

(hopefully other people will jump in with other suggestions about ways
to break the ice)

- robert