river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Waldo <Jim.Wa...@sun.com>
Subject Re: What's up with River?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 11:38:49 GMT
Sun absolutely does permit (indeed, encourages) its engineers to work
on open source, both as part of their job and on their own.

I can understand why Bob is stepping back, and Mark is absolutely
right to tell everyone that his group has moved to other things. But
that doesn't mean that all of the Sun committers are going away. In
particular, I will be watching the community, and contributing where I
can. It isn't my job (I'm now working on a different open source
project, http://projectdarkstar.com ; if any of you are interested
come on over), but on my own time I will still be associated with
River (and Jini).

Jim Waldo