river-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Warres <...@blackwave.tv>
Subject Re: Transient Start for UnitTests...
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:54:49 GMT
Quoting Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org>:
> I am trying to create unittests for some infrastructure pieces that needs a
> controlled Reggie, Mahalo and Outrigger setup. The StarterKit itself has a
> convenient button "Start All". Where do I find the sources for that? Is
> there any existing project out there that makes this whole process easier?

You can launch JTSK services programmatically using the
com.sun.jini.start.*ServiceDescriptor classes.  Here's an example of
launching Reggie:

  lookupCreated = (Created) new NonActivatableServiceDescriptor(
      "http://somehost/reggie-dl.jar",
      "/somepath/security.policy",
      "/somepath/reggie.jar",
      "com.sun.jini.reggie.TransientRegistrarImpl",
      new String[]{ "/somepath/reggie.config" }).create(serviceDescConfig);

-Mike