river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@marbro.org>
Subject Re: Patches for review
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:34:07 GMT
Peter Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 11:16:33PM +0200, Mark Brouwer wrote:
>> BTW it is very hard currently to get a clear view for which issues a
>> patch has been submitted that require review (they are sort of
>> resolved). The issue is in between the state of 'in progress' and
>> 'resolved', do people think it is a good idea to have an additional
>> state of 'patch proposed' (or a better name) so one can find out
>> which patches need to be reviewed?
>
> Seems useful to me.

To prevent from reinventing the wheel I had a look whether there is
already a customized workflow scheme that has an additional step for
submitting a patch. This scheme also prevents people from reopening a
closed issue (so they are forced to create a new issue) which seems
useful for me as well. I can't use it straight away because it has a
specific screen that incorporates fields that are not relevant to River,
but I can clone it and customize it to our needs.

I'm attaching a screendump of the allowed transitions so people can form
an opinion about whether they like what they see. If we want to use this
scheme it requires a schema update for the River issues so I need to
arrange a backup first before changing it, so it might take a while.
--
Mark