river-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Murphy" <btmurphy....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r658927 - in /incubator/river: jtsk/trunk/ qatests/trunk/ qatests/trunk/source/vob/qa/src/ qatests/trunk/source/vob/qa/src/com/sun/jini/test/impl/reggie/ qatests/trunk/source/vob/qa/src/com/sun/jini/test/resources/ qatests/trunk/sourc
Date Sat, 24 May 2008 16:18:31 GMT
On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Mark Brouwer <mark.brouwer@marbro.org>
wrote:

Somebody has to start that discussion anyway, so do you have a proposal
> or want to drive that discussion?

No, I'll leave it to those who hold stronger opinions
on the matter. All I wanted to do was give folks a way
to build and run the regression tests against any
changes they might make to the codebase.

> For the test infrastructure I have no real problem with 1.6 (I don't
> know however for those with Mac OS X)

The jdk version issue isn't really that significant for the
tests. We can decide to revert that one test in the repository,
the developers can instead decide to revert it locally only in
their workspace, they can decide to leave that test as is and
build the tests against 1.6, or they can temporarily remove that
one test from their workspace. In any event, all of this will be
moot when Peter puts in the NameService solution he discussed
in his message. In that case, the tests will then build under
1.4.x, 1.5, or 1.6.

To me, the real issue, the issue that involves the most work in
addressing, is that the tests can be built only on systems that
have the GNU make utility installed (which I believe Mac OS X
does). Until someone converts the make files to ant scripts,
Windows users as well as users of some flavors of unix may
be unable to build the tests.

Brian