river-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moderation
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:17:15 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Mark Brouwer <mark.brouwer@cheiron.org> wrote:
>  I noticed that it takes a while that we get notifications from commits
>  as result of mails that needs approval to get through moderation. Could
>  I become moderator for all the River mailing list (to have more people
>  being able to moderate) and is it possible all registered committers are
>  given rights to mail to the various moderated mailing lists in advance.

You can request being added as a moderator by filing an INFRA mailing
list task. See for example
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1237. Just mention that
you're a committer of River.

You can use the instructions in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/docs/resources.txt to
find out the current moderators of any Apache mailing lists. The
river-commits list is currently moderated by Frank, Jim, and Geir. I
guess at least Jim and Geir are not that actively involved ATM, so
perhaps it would be a good idea to sign up new moderators. It's a good
practice to have at least three active moderators per mailing list so
any single person doesn't become a bottleneck.

BR,

Jukka Zitting