river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: Review for public API changes JarWrapper
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:48:21 GMT
Ronald J Mann wrote:
> Sorry for the delay. Did the best I could given the patch to discern the
> changes, seems okay to me.  I struggled a bit trying to get a side by
> side diff, which I failed miserably at so I had to do this the hard
> way.  Was wondering if any of the svn  gurus out there  could enlighten
> me as to how I could  have gotten something along the lines of webrev,
> with a side by side complete source diff?

Hi Ron,

I think svn out-of-the-box doesn't provide you much here.

The way I work based on IntelliJ is that I grab the patch, I get a
visual representation of all the files in the patch, and by selecting
the files I see the actual diffs. If these files are not changed in my
workspace I apply the patch and can a proper inspection, and all the
graphic diffing I want (comparing to the trunk). After doing that I
revert to the same revision of the trunk and give my comments and wait
for the patch to come in through the repository.

In case I have changes in some of the files, I can shelve my
modifications and do the above, after that I unshelve my changes. No
doubt the other IDEs provide something similar, or someone else knows a
good way of reviewing patches.
--
Mark