river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hodapp <Mark.Hod...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: My new path...
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:16:28 GMT
Apache River and Incubator teams,

Many thanks to Jim Hurley for his many contributions to Jini
Technology and Apache River.  We wish him the best in his new
venture.   While we will miss Jim at Sun, we look forward to working
with him on Apache River.

Congratulations to the Apache River team members for finishing AR1!
We are hopeful that Apache River will be a successful Apache Incubator
project.   We are encouraged by the teamwork and accomplishments
during Apache River's first year.

Successful incubator projects require a diversity of committers,
leadership and on-going work.  Sun has supplied access to Jini
Technology, early project leadership, engineers, testing and release
engineering for AR1.  We will provide some of the AR2 engineering
resources and help to cultivate additional Apache River committers.
To be successful, though, Apache River will need others to step into
leadership, release engineering, testing and quality assurance roles.
If you have been interested in taking up some of these
responsibilities, now is the time to speak up and get involved.

Regards,

Mark Hodapp
Advanced Technology Group
Sun Microsystems