river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <jim.hur...@mac.com>
Subject Re: VOTING ISSUE with apache-river-2.1.1-incubating
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:45:08 GMT
On Dec 30, 2007, at 11:33 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> :
> * As I mentioned before, if the version (classifier) contains
> "incubating"
>   (which we recommend), so that the directory itself has the name, I
> would
>   be *more* pleased.

Any words of advice from those more familiar with Apache incubator
releases?  Is this (including "incubating" in the directory name,
basically
matching the download name), common practice?  Or an ASF requirement?

I understand (and agree) with Niclas' point - but honestly hoping we
can get
AR1 out and move on (to AR2) without many other changes.  In other
words,
can we put this off to AR2?

Thanks for any help.

-Jim