river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Branching Strategy River
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:05:33 GMT
Mark Brouwer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to perform the following branch actions in svn before
> committing work, before doing so I would like to ask whether there is a
> problem with that, or that I have to do something else before proceeding.
>
>  1. /river/trunk/jtsk into /river/jtsk/trunk
>  2. /river/trunk/qatests into /river/qatests/trunk
>  3. /river/jtsk/trunk into /river/jtsk/branches/2.1
>  4. /river/jtsk/branches/2.1 into /river/jtsk/tags/2.1.1
>
> Another thing we have to consider is whether we expect the next release
> to be a maintenance release 2.1.x or a feature release 2.2 for reasons
> to decide on which branch to commit our work. My preference would be to
> go for 2.2.

The above has been completed, I didn't see any commit notifications
passing by for this in river-commits but the repository reflects the
branching operations.

So all please work against the /river/jtsk/trunk, maybe someone can
advise what to do with the /river/trunk branch (delete it?). Probably
Hudson has to be reconfigured to work against /river/jtsk/trunk, but as
I have no account for Hudson someone else has to do this.

So I believe this concludes the reorganization so we can start with the
real coding ...
--
Mark