river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Branching Strategy River
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:26:50 GMT
Bob Scheifler wrote:
> Craig L Russell wrote:
>> What was the rationale for creating multiple trunks?
>
> I think jtsk and qatest are likely to evolve at different paces,
> with somewhat different release timelines.  I think allowing
> independent releases of them will be useful.
>
> - Bob

Hi all,

I would like to perform the following branch actions in svn before
committing work, before doing so I would like to ask whether there is a
problem with that, or that I have to do something else before proceeding.

  1. /river/trunk/jtsk into /river/jtsk/trunk
  2. /river/trunk/qatests into /river/qatests/trunk
  3. /river/jtsk/trunk into /river/jtsk/branches/2.1
  4. /river/jtsk/branches/2.1 into /river/jtsk/tags/2.1.1

Another thing we have to consider is whether we expect the next release
to be a maintenance release 2.1.x or a feature release 2.2 for reasons
to decide on which branch to commit our work. My preference would be to
go for 2.2.
--
Mark