river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: new CWiki (Was: Re: Branching strategy (Was: svn commit: r601098 - /incubator/river/trunk/jtsk/doc/release-notes/index.html))
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:59:42 GMT
Jim Hurley wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008, at 2:55 PM, Mark Brouwer wrote:
>> Jim Hurley wrote:
>>
>>> The http://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI page explains some about the
>>> autoexport
>>> that takes place (to generate HTML).  There is an autoexport template
>>> that
>>> I copied over from openjpa:
>>> <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/autoexport/template-edit.action?space=RIVER>

>>> You certainly have to be logged in to Confluence to be able to see that,
>>> but you may also need to be the space admin (I'm not sure), so you may
>>> not be able to access that.
>>> There are also css style sheets, etc that I 'borrowed' from openjpa.
>>> You can see
>>> that stuff at http://people.apache.org/~jhurley
>>
>> Jim,
>>
>> I noticed the problem with the doubled navigation bar is still there and
>> I wanted to see whether I could find the problem, but as you already
>> suspected you need admin rights for that.
>>
>> Could you post that template here so I could have a look.

I've spent lots of hours sorting out what doubles the navigation part of
the site and I located the cause.

First I have no good understanding what exactly triggers the new
generation of the static HTML based on the Confluence site, probably
something that is ran at a regular interval, however updates in
confluence in the main content are almost instantly visible through the
staging site at http://cwiki.apache.org/RIVER/, however modifications to
whatever is related to the navigation isn't.

Something I observed wasthat a fix in the search form (related to the
non existing river.apache.org domain) only appeared in the bottom half
of the double navigation which might indicate that there is a ghost
image of the SideNav page in the Apache River Space. As an experiment I
decided to remove the SideNav page and recreated it and guess what, some
pages have the navigation tripled.

I couldn't find anything strange in the autoexport macro, the other
documents related to the autoexport didn't give me a clue of where to
search for the staging are to see what I could detect over there. It
looked like it was at people.apache.org in /www/confluence-exports/RIVER
but these seem to be outdated. But as it turned out I got admin
privileges for the River Space and found the facility to purge deleted
pages and that solved the problem, see
http://cwiki.apache.org/RIVER/downloads.html

I don't know whether a Confluence admin can do more, but I don't know
how to recreate the whole site without modifying each page.
--
Mark