river-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: VOTING ISSUE with apache-river-2.1.1-incubating
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 03:24:52 GMT
When you do publish this for a vote, it would be good to put it into
a directory that contains something like rc1. For example,

    http://people.apache.org/~fbarnaby/river/2.1.1/rc1

Then in the completely unlikely event that you have to change
something and call another vote, you can bump the number to rc2 and
that will make it clear to voters that something has changed.

Craig

On Jan 4, 2008, at 6:01 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> Thanks Frank.
>
> I don't want to start a vote and then have to restart again -- so I
> plan
> on pausing for a day or so for folks to take a look and make sure they
> don't see anything obvious that needs to be changed.  If there are no
> issues/discussions brought up on list, I'll restart a vote on
> Sunday or
> Monday.
>
> thanks -Jim
>

> On Jan 4, 2008, at 6:47 PM, Frank Barnaby wrote:
>> I've uploaded a new release candidate to my people area:
>>
>>    http://people.apache.org/~fbarnaby/river/2.1.1
>>
>> Here's what I've changed:
>>
>>     - Removed references in info-index.html related to
>> 	former (now obsolete) installation process.
>>    - Removed top-level docs from source distribution.
>>    - Fixed issues in release notes related to outrigger
>> 	logstore and snaplogstore.
>>    - Fixed a typo in outrigger's package.html .
>>    - Added note to top-level build.xml referring users
>> 	to doc/build.html for build instructions.
>>
>> I've also uploaded the Rat output.
>>

>> Frank

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com