river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject "AR1" testing
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:27:44 GMT
As promised, Sun has been conducting some testing on
the Apache River Release v2.1.1 (aka "AR1") candidate
release.  We've still got a little more testing to complete.

Basically, we've been testing using JDK 1.4 (1.4.2_09) and
JDK 1.5 (1.5.0_03) on the following OS platforms:

* Solaris 10 (sparc)
* Solaris 10 (x86)
* Windows XP SP 2
* Suse 9.1 (2.6.4-52-default)
* MacOS 10 (10.4, Tiger)

as well as some testing on Solaris 9 (sparc), RedHat AS3 and
Windows 2K -- but limited.

The testing has gone well... but we really do need the Community
to take a look so we know we're ready, and can proceed with a vote
that the release candidate is good to advance.

As I said, for now...
> You can grab them from the SVN source repository at:
>    incubator/river/trunk/release_candidates/AR1/apache-river-2.1.1-
> incubating-bin.zip
>    incubator/river/trunk/release_candidates/AR1/apache-river-2.1.1-
> incubating-src.zip

Please 'give it a go' and share your thoughts.

-Jim