river-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Smart proxy question as it relates to libraries and helper classes
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 03:33:16 GMT
I may have answered my own question as it appears an RMI code base is used by JINI, so that
dependencies etc can be deployed to this area and accessed by the client. Anyways, I was asking
because I am not sure whether I want to proxy or smart proxy these data services etc. I suppose
the real question I need to be answering is: Say the service classes change, how does JINI
handle that situation with a smart proxy? Will the smart proxy be automatically updated some
how, or would this happen the next time the call takes place? I assume it depends on whether
each time the call takes place whether the service is looked up multiple times or not, but
I will dig around and read more before asking more ;-)

Wade

==================
Wade Chandler, CCE
Software Engineer and Developer, Certified Forensic Computer Examiner, NetBeans Dream Team
Member, and NetBeans Board Member
http://www.certified-computer-examiner.com
http://www.netbeans.org

----- Original Message ----
From: Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apache@yahoo.com>
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 10:06:46 PM
Subject: Smart proxy question as it relates to libraries and helper classes

As I'm pretty new to the scene I have plenty of questions, and  I'm
 wondering if JINI smart proxies can some how deliver dependent classes and
 resources along with the smart proxy itself or what strategy is
 employed in this case. Do both sides have to have the same dependencies etc
 (such as javax.activation.*) installed for the smart proxy to use those
 classes in the client or not? Anyways, I know this is a beginners
 question, and I'll learn it sooner or later, but thought I would try to get
 a heads up on some of it as I'm trying to use it in a project which I
 don't have much time to implement. I'm reading:
http://jan.newmarch.name/java/jini/tutorial/Jini.xml

and everything else I can find.

Thanks all for any help,

Wade