river-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@cheiron.org>
Subject Re: Branching strategy (Was: svn commit: r601098 - /incubator/river/trunk/jtsk/doc/release-notes/index.html)
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:04:23 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

> So my recommendation is that you call a VOTE and state your preference,
> let the vote run a week (normally 3 days but these are extraordinary
> times) and see who votes.

Thanks all for the input so far. I write a proposal that will center
around Jukka's suggestion with a specific branch for experimental or
other development activities that can't work against the trunk.

   river/trunk    - mainline development
   river/branches - maintenance branches
   river/tags     - frozen release tags
   river/skunk    - development and 'skunk works' branches
--
Mark