river-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler...@yahoo.com>
Subject Anyone working on some kind of an attachment capability for services which would behave transparently and similar to SOAP attachments or the like?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 03:02:07 GMT
I'm playing around with JINI (still), and I'm wondering about attachments so large streams
and documents can be easily attached in service calls much like what happens behind the scenes
with SOAP. AXIS is a good example in that with AXIS we can use FileDataSource (or any DataSource
as long as there is a deserializer for it)
http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/javadocs/javax/activation/FileDataSource.html

and then the APIs of AXIS will handle the streaming of the datasource embedded in the call.
I know I can do it with loops and custom things calling other methods to send a file etc,
but I thought I would see what if anything was available or being planned by anyone else.
This would be for proxy services and not smart proxies where the code would reside in the
same JVM.

Thanks for any input,

Wade

Wade Chandler, CCE
Software Engineer and Developer, Certified Forensic Computer Examiner, NetBeans Dream Team
Member, and NetBeans Board Member
http://www.certified-computer-examiner.com
http://www.netbeans.org