river-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Barnaby <Frank.Barn...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: building an AR1 release candidate...
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:45:38 GMT

On Nov 6, 07, at 11:27, Jim Hurley wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2007, at 5:55 PM, Frank Barnaby wrote:
>>
>> With regard to the official release-candidate builds, Continuum
>> currently builds the project without the zip bundles.  It would be
>> useful if (1) the continuum build-definition could be configured to
>> build everything (including zip bundles) on its current schedule,
>> or (2) an additional build-definition could be created to provide
>> a separate process so that we can manually start an official
>> candidate build (with zip bundles) when appropriate.
>>
>> There might be some benefit to the continuous build with zip bundles
>> (option-1), which would provide the latest distribution to folks who
>> want to use the latest build without having to download sources and
>> build it on their own.
>>
>> Of course, both options only make sense if Continuum provides an
>> archive area to provide access to the resulting zip bundles.  Do any
>> of you understand Continuum enough to provide an answer?
>>
>> Frank
>
> Hi Frank-
>
> Per Phil's email below...  he did the original setup of our
> Continuum build,
> but it seems we need a set of people to take this over and make the
> changes
> you're discovering.  It seems you and Nigel are setup with
> permissions now
> to do changes.  Any other committers interested in getting involved
> in this?

I'm sorry if I mislead you.  I'm not averse to modifying the Continuum
process, and I do indeed have the appropriate account permissions to do
so.  At the moment, however, I just lack experience with Continuum.  I
just wanted to know if anyone could provide a quick answer before I
start
digging deeper.  I also didn't want to assume that I own it, so I left
it
as an unassigned issue on the table.

Frank