river-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: AR2 initial planning
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:08:18 GMT
Hi Jim,

On Nov 19, 2007, at 2:01 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> There's a few last streams to cross in getting out AR1, but
> instead of holding up the discussion on future project work
> for that to conclude, I'd like to start a thread on proposed bug
> fixes and enhancements for "AR2" (our second project release).
>
> I'm not sure if it makes sense to discuss broadly through email,
> or whether it would be better if folks just updated JIRA with version
> AR2 for those issues they'd like to be considered for the release.

JIRA offers a way for non-developers to vote for fixing a bug. The
assumption is that the more votes an issue gets, the more the non-
developer community wants "someone else" to fix it.

You might consider using JIRA for developers to both assign the issue
to themselves as well as to update the fix version to AR2. The
principle (do-ocracy) is that if you really want something fixed for
a particular release, you'll sign up for it. JIRA will automatically
send your update to the dev list.

Put another way, if no one wants to do the work, is it really going
to be fixed for a particular release?

Craig

> Or whether there's even another model that works better.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> thanks -Jim

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com