river-dev mailing list archives

From Thierry BODHUIN <bodh...@unisannio.it>
Subject Re: How can I try to run the project?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:00:00 GMT
Mark Brouwer ha scritto:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> Thierry BODHUIN wrote:
>> I encounter the same exact fact.
>> The source code of Jini is not at the Java 1.5 compliant level: it
>> uses the keyword "enum" in the
>> com/sun/jini/jeri/internal/runtime/Util.java file as mentioned.
>> It fails also to compile for Java 1.5+ compiler due to varargs
>> parameters methods.
>
> I assume you mean it warns you, because at least javac with the Sun
> JDK compiles fine and only issue warnings.
Yes that's true, it was only warnings. But should be correctly with
simply casting "null" to "(Class[])null" when requested a class array
in java reflection code.

>> But giving to the  javac command the source level (-source 1.4)
>> should alleviate the problems you encounter that why
>> ant set the javac "source parameters" to 1.4.
>
> This is something we should do in the build file(s) anyway as long as
> we don't lift the minimum requirements for Jini to 1.5 or beyond.
Yes in the build file, but also we should also do a property in the ant
file that define the "source=1.4" in order to avoid  to duplicate in
different places the value 1.4 (javac, javadoc, ...).

--
Thierry BODHUIN
RCOST - Research Centre on Software Technology, http://www.rcost.unisannio.it/