river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept the Service UI Specification document from Artima, Inc.
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 13:36:40 GMT
On Nov 5, 2007, at 2:40 PM, Frank Barnaby wrote:
> On Nov 5, 07, at 13:08, Bill Venners wrote:
>>>
>>> Under the trunk/jtsk/doc/specs/ directory, there's an "api" dir
>>> and an
>>> "html" dir.  I'd suggest either following the existing format in the
>>> html dir or create a serviceui dir directly under the specs dir,
>>> whichever you think is more applicable.
>>>
>> I already have the files sitting in the html dir on my local disk.
>> I was asking if I should check it into the trunk or a branch. Is
>> there documentation somewhere on how we plan to manage the svn
>> repository?
>

> At this stage, I think it should be fine for you to check-in your
> files in the trunk.  Maybe Jim can comment on the plan to manage
> the repository.  I seem to recall a discussion on the topic but
> the details elude me at the moment.

We discussed (and voted/approved) on a basic dev process which
included tracking issues and changes, code reviews, testing, etc --
but we didn't touch on other svn repository management topics
(such as, when/if to create a branch, etc).

If folks think that is needed or would be helpful to figure out other
svn management issues - that's cool.  I'm not the right person to lead
that discussion, so (if it's important) someone should grab the ball
and get it started...

-Jim