river-dev mailing list archives

From "Hakan Kocakulak" <hakan.kocaku...@uzay.tubitak.gov.tr>
Subject RE: How can I try to run the project?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:51:26 GMT
I use Sun's JDKs. It happens, while building from IDE- eclipse 3.3 version.
If I build with ANT, problem does not occur.

Hakan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Brouwer [mailto:mark.brouwer@cheiron.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:51 PM
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: How can I try to run the project?

> Hi Mark,
> After checking out, project cannot be built. Following are the
> reasons:
> Under
> com.sun.jini.tool package ClassDep.java and DlassDepLoader.java
> depends on following classes
>
> import sun.tools.java.BinaryClass;
> import sun.tools.java.ClassDeclaration;
> import sun.tools.java.ClassFile;
> import sun.tools.java.ClassNotFound;
> import sun.tools.java.ClassPath;
> import sun.tools.java.Constants;
> import sun.tools.java.Environment;
> import sun.tools.java.Identifier;
> import sun.tools.java.MemberDefinition;
> import sun.tools.java.Package;
> import sun.tools.java.Type;

I see, which brand JDK are you using. ClassDep does indeed relies on
Sun specific internal JDK API which is indeed bad, but I'm afraid
there is no simple solution to this. However it is a good idea if you
create a JIRA issue for this.

I have never ran into problems with the JVMs that license their code
from Sun such as IBM and BEA JDKs.

> however I think, these classes are necessary for analyzing codes.
>
> If one excludes ClassDep.java and DlassDepLoader.java from class path
> project builds with JDK 1.4 level compiler.
>
> with JDK 1.6 Level compiler,
>
> One has to change "enum" variable from
> com/sun/jini/jeri/internal/runtime/Util.java
>
> Since enum is reserved word.

This issue is tracked as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-212 and you can workaround
it by modifying the Ant build file to set the source on 1.4 for the
javac tasks or use a 1.4 JDK to compile. Sorry for the inconvenience
and probably a few persons feel extremely guilty know ;-)
--
Mark Brouwer