river-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vinod Johnson <Thomas.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Build file question
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:04:59 GMT

> Probably some more important issues:
>
> 1) I would like to know what the opinion is about the file mask for the
> start scripts (files ending on .sh). Should there be write access for
> all, just for the user and group, just for the user or should it be read
> only.
>
> Personally I prefer 755, i.e. for all the execute and read bit are
> set and only the user can edit the file, please your feedback.

+1

> 2) I noticed that the binary distribution doesn't contain the examples,
> is this intentional? It is my understanding that the source distribution
> is for those who want to build the project and the binary distribution
> is for those who want to run the project with no intention to build it.
> Therefore IMHO it seem logical the examples are part of the binary
> distribution.
Is it that the original intent of the examples was more around
documentation versus 'running the project'? If I look at the
documentation for the example, I don't believe it meets the needs of
people who want to run the project. Is something like the 'launch-all'
script that is part of the JTSK what we want? Say being able to launch
minimally configured Apache River services (one/all of them within
ServiceStarter) and a separate script for the browser