river-dev mailing list archives

From Zsolt Kúti <kuti.zs...@cetelem.hu>
Subject Distrubited testing - was:Re: Concurrency and River
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:25:20 GMT
Here is a reference to an article that could be unnoticed for
this thread's readers:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/robogeek/archive/2005/11/a_patent_for_th.html

"It's a pretty cool package that is (unfortunately) available
only inside Sun. The patent tells the story but you have to read
quite a long ways past an impressive list of claims before you
get to it.

The Distributed Test Framework (DTF) is the software in question.
We've been using DTF successfully for several years now and
gotten a lot of mileage out of it.
Hopefully the patents are narrowly enough defined so it doesn't
stop too many of y'all from implementing your own systems."

It seems adding distrubiuted capabilities based on Jini to well
known testing frameworks (be it JUnit or TestNG) besides its
practical value may also bear with  marketing value.

Zsolt

Ps.: Interesting thread(s), BTW!

Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:06:53 -0700: Látszólag Bill Venners véste
elektronokba/apparently Bill Venners carved into e-lectrons:

--
Kúti Zsolt - Hitelnet fejlesztés
Zsolt Kúti - Hitelnet development