river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject AR1 planning update...
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:06:51 GMT
We're making progress through our "AR1" release items.
Just wanted to provide an update before we start diving
into some of the OPEN items left.

thanks  /Jim

-----
        Apache Incubator River Project - "AR1" Release

SET
====
* Goal:  initial release from River project, integrating the starter kit
   and serviceui contributions

* Should we go with the current starter kit release bundle structure?
    -> decided yes, for this release

* What kind of development process do we need?  JIRA issues for
    all changes?  code reviews?
    -> vote approved basic dev process (including: tracking issues and
         changes, issue discussions, code reviews, testing, and handling
         security -related issues)

IN PROGRESS
============

* Bundle starterkit and serviceui in the release bundle?
    (assuming yes)  How should serviceui fit in?
    -> JIRA-264 moving the service ui classes directly into the
starter kit
         tree, including them in  (jsk)-lib.jar and (jsk)-dl.jar and
keeping
         the serviceui.jar around for at least a release or two.
         [Frank]

* Some (build) issues around outrigger sources to work
    -> JIRA-263  remove logstore as part of the outrigger build work
         for AR1
         [Frank]

* Service UI Spec/Doc contribution (to get in release)
    -> JIRA-262   ServiceUI Specification
         [Bill]

* * Update web:
       River project area
             <http://incubator.apache.org/river/>
       River Incubator Project Status page
             <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/river.html>
         [Jim]

OPEN
=====
* Name, Version, release bundle, top-level installation directory: ?

* Should API docs (specs) and docs be available separately?

* Documentation (install, release, build, api) will need to be updated
    (minimally for name, version updates)

* What kind of testing do we need?

* Apache incubator release process (export, PPMC approval,
    general approval, etc)

* Handling cryptography within the release
    (see:   <http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html> )

-----