river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Hurley <Jim.Hur...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: development process
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:04:08 GMT
On Sep 1, 2007, at 6:50 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
> :
> :
> To put this matter to rest and get moving on community-building and
> cutting a release, I think it is a good idea to pull together a
> proposal and put it to a VOTE.  In general, we like to avoid too many
> VOTEs, but in this case to move forward I think it is a good idea.  I
> am happy to write up a proposal along the lines above, but would be
> heppier still if Jim or one of the initial committers proposed
> something that we could agree on.

Thanks Phil.  I'll do my best to put together a proposal and get it
out by tomorrow.

This has been a long and winding discussion, but I think very good
in enabling lots of perspectives to get on the table. I've learned more
about the options, guidelines, and philosophy within ASF - so many
thanks to Craig, Jukka, Gianugo, and Phil for their insights.

Process discussions are never fun (obvious stated here ;-o), so I
appreciate the broad involvement from those in the Jini/River community
who added their voice to the thread. Thanks.

-Jim